Our Steam Group

OUR FRIENDS

Untitled Document

Gold Miners

North American Survivors

L4D Survival Records

YOUR L4D Survival Records

ADS

All possible ad profit goes only to server expenses. If you have an Ad Blocker, please disable it on this site.

View Thread

L4D Survival Records » Hardware / Settings » Technical Stuff
 Print Thread
Hardware
Cyclone
Hi guys does it make that much difference what monitor you use if so what are you using and what do you recommend, also what about keyboard and mouse?
Edited by Cyclone on 27-10-2013 14:42

HighVoltage
Hello mate. Not sure about a big difference regarding monitors. The one I have is Benq G2420HD with 5ms respons time. 2ms is the optimal time accoarding to the sellers. But it could just be a marketing strategy. I find it hard to believe that you can could see the difference.
My keyboard is nothing worth to mention Grin but the mouse is Razer Naga 2012 which I like very much. 12 extra buttons on the left side gives me opportunity to bind them however i want Grin
badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561197976891141.png

Cyclone
Thanks for reply u just saved me £££ will stick with what I have for time being ;)

JusT SLOW
Monitor is not big deal. Like hv said 5 ms is good and 2 ms response is better but pay for 3 ms less response time in this case no point. This 5ms + ping + your response time + usualy 1ms delay on mouse / 5 ms delay on standard keyboard + usualy 1-5 ms server processing delay (and + lerp ? XD). If you see all of this then delay of monitor is not big deal. If you really care about response time ten you can buy extremely expensive 120 Hz monitor or go back to good quite cheap CRT and also have really great refresh rate :)

For keyboard ppl say that best are mechanical. Well yes they are good but any keyboard that you are comfortable using will be also good (i like flat keyboards it's faster to press buttons for me, but now i work with mechanical for some time and it's good for typing but for gamming not big diffirece with good flat keyboard i think.). You can overclock usb port to 1000Hz for standard keyboard sometimes. But it's not that easy and sometimes can cause some bugs.

And for mouse it's first of all you should have good sensor, and ofc comfortable grip (so if you want to buy new then check what sensors are good atm, there are only few best tbh). I dissagre with HV too many buttons on mouse isn't good for FPS. You should minimalize actions on your mouse. Many pros in other more demanding games use even scope on keyboard to not lose precission while aiming target.
For mouses that i saw so far i really liked Corsair M65 and Roccat Savu.
Edited by JusT SLOW on 30-10-2013 12:09

Cyclone
Thanks for input an interesting ;)

Jump to Forum:

Visits

hit counter
Table 'l4d_survival_co.l4dsfs_vblog_settings' doesn't exist

Latest blogs

Table 'l4d_survival_co.l4dsfs_vblog' doesn't exist

Login

Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Shoutbox

You must login to post a message.

01-04-2017 21:01
All 130s

12-04-2016 19:12
hi

16-03-2015 19:30
Yea gotta do that. Need to come up with a proper name for those categories.

05-03-2015 10:06
You guys will have to rework hall of fame to add 90s and 100s haha

23-02-2015 05:57
2 new Top 5's on Parish Bridge in L4D2! Grin